Acer has officially launched their budget android tablet, Iconia B1, in India, just after it was introduced at CES 2013. The launch is welcomed by consumers in India, who has been waiting for the Google Nexus 7, which was unfortunately launched with a premium price tag. Acer, however has played it smart and priced this 7-inch tablet at just INR 7,999.
Acer Iconia B1 will take on the already popular budget tablet market in India, and could gain from the brand name. The tablet has a decent configuration in terms of power. Here’s a quick look at the specifications:
- 7-inch (1024 x 600 pixels) TFT Capacitive Multi-Touchscreen
- 1.2GHz dual-core Mediatek MT 8317T processor
- Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean)
- 512MB RAM
- 8GB internal memory, up to 32GB expandable memory with microSD
- 0.3MP (VGA) front-facing camera, no rear-facing camera
- 2710 mAh battery
- Connectivity — Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, micro USB and GPS
- Dimensions: 197.4 mm x 128.5 mm x 11.3 mm
- Weight: 320 gms
The only feature that this bugdet tablet lacks is the presence of 3G capability. This is a WiFi-only tablet. With this configuration, the tablet will be good for reading, internet browsing, and casual gaming. Acer calls it an entry-level tablet. At only 320gms, the tablet body is made of plastic.
Availability and Pricing
The Acer Iconia B1 is priced at INR 7,999 in India, and is available through Acer channel partners. It has not yet made a presence on the popular online shopping websites, but a website called ezyby.com, has listed the tablet for buying online in India. It is also available from ebay India.
[Hi-Res Image of Acer Iconia B1 Tablet]